Aviation Camps of Kentucky - A program of The Aviation Museum of Kentucky, Inc. ®
Blue Grass Airport, 4029 Airport Road, Lexington, KY 40510
Level 1 - June 4-5 for ages 10 and 11 (The Gary Lowe Aviation Camp )
Aviation camps are conducted by museum staff at the Aviation Museum of Kentucky, Inc., Blue Grass Airport, Lexington, and at other locations throughout Kentucky. Camps at the Museum are two days in length from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily. Planned activities are listed below. Variations in flights and camp activities may occur due to unforeseen circumstances. Camps are named for individuals who have made extraordinary contributions of time and/or financial assistance to the museum. If interested, contact the camp's director for 'naming' guidelines.
- Dates - June 4-5 8:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m. daily
- Help fly an actual airplane: With an FAA certified pilot, students will participate in planning and conducting a flight in the central Kentucky area. (NOTE: If the flight must be canceled for any reason such as weather, a refund of $65.00 will be made to the parent or sponsor who has previously paid the full camp tuition.)
- Aviation camp activities: Student activities include flight simulation, navigation, aeronautics, airplane instruments, airplane design, weather, NASA space, careers, etc. Campers also get a photo of themselves with an airplane.
- Payment will reserve an enrollment space. Confirmation will be sent either by e-mail or phone once sufficient enrollment confirms the camp date.
- Lunch Also, snacks, camp t-shirt, and other items are provided.
- Transportation to/from camp is provided by parents or through other local arrangements.
- Payment If you are enrolling online, you will be able to pay by credit card, If using the paper form, follow the instructions on the form. If Financial Aid is required to attend camp, click the button below, Financial Aid Application Form.
- To enroll click on the Enroll Online button below or click on the Print Application to use and submit a paper copy of the application.
- Camp questions? Call (859) 353-0467 & leave a message or email [email protected]