Aviation Camps of Kentucky - A program of The Aviation Museum of Kentucky, Inc. ®
Blue Grass Airport, 4029 Airport Road, Lexington, KY 40510
Aug. 1-2 for ages 10 to 16
Camps will be held at the Pike County Regional Airport - Hatcher Field in Pikeville KY and are two days in length from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily. (Sponsored by Pikeville/Pike County Regional Airport). Planned activities are listed below. Variations in flights and camp activities may occur due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Dates - Aug. 1-2 8:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m. daily
- Help fly an actual airplane: With a FAA certified pilot. Students participate in planning and conducting a flight. (NOTE: If the flight must be canceled for any reason such as weather, a refund of $65.00 will be made to the parent or sponsor who has previously paid the full camp tuition.)
- Aviation camp activities: Student activities include flight simulation, navigation, aeronautics, airplane instruments, airplane design, weather, NASA space, careers, etc. Campers also get a photo of themselves with an airplane.
- Lunch, snacks, camp t-shirt and other items are provided.
- Eligibility: Students must be 10 but no older than 16 years of age.
- Scholarships may be available to a limited number of students. Call (606) 437-9548 for information.
- Transportation to/from camp is provided by parents or through other local arrangements.
- To enroll click on the Enroll Online button below, or click on the Print Application to use and submit paper copy of application
- Payment If you are enrolling on-line, you will be able to pay by credit card, If using the paper form, follow the instructions on the form. If Financial Aid is required in order to attend camp, click the button below, Financial Aid Application Form.
- Payment will reserve an enrollment space. Confirmation will be sent either by e-mail or phone once sufficient enrollment confirms the camp date.
- Questions? In Pikeville call (606) 437-9548 or email email@example.com or call (859) 353-0467 to leave your message and someone will return your call.