Aviation Camps of Kentucky - A program of The Aviation Museum of Kentucky, Inc. ®
Blue Grass Airport, 4029 Airport Road, Lexington, KY 40510
- July 19-20 for ages 10 to 16
Conducted by the Aviation Museum of Kentucky, Blue Grass Airport, Lexington, KY. Sponsored by the Louisville Regional Airport Authority. (This camp is not a program of, or sponsored by, any public or private school system). This Camp will be held in Louisville at Bowman Field Airport (Hangar Seven – at 2720 Cannons Lane) and is two days in length from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily. Planned activities are listed below. Variations in flights and camp activities may occur due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Dates - July 19-20
- Help fly an actual airplane: With an FAA certified pilot, students will participate in planning and conducting a flight in Louisville / Jefferson Co. area. (NOTE: If the flight must be cancelled for any reason such as weather, a refund of $65.00 will be made to the parent or sponsor who has previously paid the full camp tuition.)
- Aviation activities: At the airport, students participate in a variety of activities and study. Included will be topics such as aircraft instruments, aircraft design, use of the aeronautical map for navigation, flight planning, history, weather, glider competition, NASA space, air traffic control (ATC), etc.
- Lunch: Snacks, drinks and camp t-shirt are provided.
- Flight Simulation: At the airport, practice takeoff, landing, navigation and reading aircraft instruments through the use of computer flight simulation.
- Eligibility: Students must be 10 but no older than 16 years of age.
- Transportation to/from camp is provided by parents or through other local arrangements.
- Payment: If you are enrolling on-line, you will be able to pay by credit card, If using the paper form, follow the instructions on the form. If Financial Aid is required in order to attend camp, click the button below, Financial Aid Application Form.
- Camp questions? Call (859) 353-0467 & leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org For questions about Bowman Field or directions to Hangar Seven - 2720 Cannons Lane, call (502) 363-8507.