Aviation Camps of Kentucky - A program of The Aviation Museum of Kentucky, Inc. ®
Blue Grass Airport, 4029 Airport Road, Lexington, KY 40510
July 25-26 for ages 10 to 16
Hazard - LKLP Aviation Camp
Sponsored by the LKLP Community Action Council (Leslie, Knott, Letcher & Perry Counties)
and Wendell H. Ford Regional Airport
Camps will be held at the Wendell H. Ford Regional Airport, nine miles north of Hazard, KY N Hwy. 15
1300 Wendell Ford Terminal Road, Chavies, KY 41727: For directions call (606) 439-5140
Note: This project is funded, in part, under a contract with CHFS with funds from the CSBG Act of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Dates - July 25-26 8:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m. daily
- Help fly an actual airplane: With a FAA certified pilot. Students participate in planning and conducting a flight. (NOTE: If the flight must be canceled for any reason such as weather, a refund of $35.00 will be made to the parent or sponsor who has previously paid the full camp tuition.)
- Aviation camp activities: Student activities include flight simulation, navigation, aeronautics, airplane instruments, airplane design, weather, NASA space, careers, etc. Campers also get a photo of themselves with an airplane.
- Lunch, snacks, camp t-shirt and other items are provided.
- Eligibility: Students must be 10 but no older than 16 years of age.
- Transportation to/from camp is provided by parents or through other local arrangements.
- To enroll, click on the Enroll & Pay Online button below, or click on the Print Application to use and submit a paper copy of the application.
- Payment If you are enrolling on-line, you will be able to pay by credit card, If using the paper form, follow the instructions on the form. If Financial Aid is required in order to attend camp, click the button below, Financial Aid Application Form.
- Payment will reserve an enrollment space. Confirmation will be sent either by e-mail or phone once sufficient enrollment confirms the camp date.
- Questions: Call - Community Action Council (800) 401-4287 or call (859) 353-0467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org